Fashion is one of the trending aspects in the modern world. It involves both men and women. People at present times are fond of collecting any toys of clothes that can suit their styles and attitude. There are several types of clothes, from formal wear to casual attires. But what makes it most favorable for all is the T-shirt. There are different styles of tees which can be customized. It represents the attitude or mood of a person. Aside from the fact that it is comfortable to wear, you can wear t-shirt by expressing your thoughts, feelings or ideas. Tees can be worn anywhere. Unlike other casual attires, sometimes it can’t provide you with the comfort that you need, especially when the climate is too humid.
Boys and girls prefer to wear tees because kids are very active in any ways, and they must be comfortable enough to make their activities enjoyable. The same reason goes among the teenagers. Even in other affairs. People prefer to choose t-shirt and have it printed with other styles that can represent the entire group. Even the motorist prefers to wear t-shirt. It protects them from the heat of the sun and at the same time it prevents them from over sweating because most of all tees are made of cotton that do not usually absorbed the heat of the sun.
Lovers also prefer to wear t-shirt. They can have it customize according to their mutual choice. With this, they can able to express their inner feelings with each other. It is considered as one way of telling other people how you feel. T-shirts is the most common type of clothes that is used as presents or gifts for everyone. There are vast selections of colors and designs that can suit your eyes. T-shirt is easy to wash and it does not give people hard time washing it. Unlike other clothes, there are underlying special precautions in term of washing and ironing it.
T-shirt is easy to carry everywhere you go. Even if you put inside your bag, it will not easily crumpled. This is ideal for people who wanted to wear clothe that looks clean and well-pressed. There are available sizes that can be used by everyone without worries. These are the common reasons that make T-shirt as the most favorable type of clothes used for both men and women, young and old.
When asked why people, most particularly women, likes fashion, I guess its not the fashion itself that most of them like. But why is that? I would like to conclude that its not just the “stuff” that people like. For women, its not mere the make ups and even the clothes. For men, its not only the shoes, the accessories or even the gadgets they can have to become fashionable.
I would like to propose the idea that is really the excitement and the energy that it gives them. What kind of excitement does one get with a new shoes or with a new clothes on? If you know this feeling, you understand what I am talking about.
Now, what does the industry does to make these fashion items so exciting for men and women. What kind of marketing strategy they do? How much exposure do these marketing people need to exert to one item?
Sixteen 8 T-shirt Design Contest
Sixteen 8 is a T-shirt company based in Columbus, Ohio. The aim of the contest is express how well you manage your time by illustrating it on a shirt design. Design must be in accordance to the company’s motto/tagline: “What’s your 16:8?”.
Sixteen 8 aims is to promote time management by following an ideal 16:8 ratio of the time. That is simply saying 16 hours of being productive and 8 hours rest and recreation.
Contest Rules and Regulation
- Contestant must have a facebook account that is active.
- Contest is open to everyone who is able to create a design of his own.
- First step is to visit Sixteen 8 Fanpage at www.facebook.com/TeamSixteen8Fanpage and LIKE the page.
- Follow us on twitter: Sixteen8
- Leave a message on the fan page saying that you are interested to join.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your intention to join the contest and a JPEG copy of your entry. The entry must be original and done by the contestant himself.
- Wait for your entry to be uploaded on the fan page, www.facebook.com/TeamSixteen8Fanpage and to be posted at Sixteen 8 blog found at www.sixteen8.wordpress.com.
- Once uploaded, you need to promote your entry to your friends in facebook. Your friends should LIKE the fanpage and the uploaded photo of your entry. Your friends also need to visit the blog and leave a comment cheering you for the contest. We will count how many times your name was mentioned at the blog comments section and we will also count how many people LIKED your entry.
- The contest will be going on for a month. You can maximize this time to collect as many LIKES in your entry as you can. Official date of the contest is 1st February 2012 but your entries are welcome as early as possible.
- DESIGN ENTRY FOR THE CONTEST WILL BE PROPERTY OF SIXTEEN 8 AND MAYBE USED IN THE FUTURE.
Criterion for Judging
- 20% Originality of your design
- 20% How well it explains your idea of 16:8
- 60% Exposure
Exposure will be measured on the number of likes you were able to gather for your entry. So you have to encourage as many friends as you can to LIKE and SHARE your entry in facebook and let them leave a comment mentioning your name on the blog.
Prizes at Stake
- Top of the line T-shirt from Sixteen 8(this will be sent to you where ever you are in the world)
- Get a chance to have your design printed for Sixteen 8. Sixteen 8 will recognize you as the contributor of the design.
- Cash prize $300.
Often, we believe we are in control of our time. But how do you really check if you are in control of your time? Do you have a way to do a self-check?
Keep in mind that if you are not able to take a good control of your time and you do not have a system to manage your time. Time will take over.
Keep in mind these simple question I have for you. This is a simple way you can assess if you are in control of your time:
- Do you have more than a couple of over due things?
- Do you have a few pages full of to do lists?
- Do you get the feeling of being dragged into all direction and does not seem to know where to start?
If you have atleast one yes as an answer to the three questions? It would be best to step back and see what is causing the delay. But if you answer yes in more than one, ask a friends advise or google up and find a user friendly system you can start with to put you back on track.